gravatar

X-Men Origins: Wolverine



While waiting for the agonizing zombie performance of Keanu Reeves in The Day the Earth Stood Still, this movie trailer managed to catch my attention.

Showing the Marvel Logo, I sighed and told myself “not again”. Here we go again with another failure in its attempt to transform every comic book they made into a silver screen feature. But then, I realized that I was watching something different. At first I thought I was watching the next X-Men movie but then the startling thought came to my mind “Could it possibly be the spin-off that everybody was talking about?”

It took me a minute to familiarize myself with the character and right then and there when it hit me, I jumped out of my seat to focus on the interesting trailer. X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The short almost 2 minute trailer featured Hugh Jackman reprising his role as Logan or Wolverine.

If you guys haven’t read the comics of his origin, then I guess you’re all better off since you’re going to be spared from feeling disappointed. Honestly, can’t directors stick to what really happened in the comic books and spare us the “cinematic” bullshit? Anyways, I don’t want to give judgment or criticize this movie since it’s still going to be released around May 2009 but as an avid comic book fan, I speak on behalf of all the comic geeks by saying we won’t be expecting much from this movie. Maybe if the directors and writers threw in Omega Red, things would’ve been interesting.

All I am saying is, Hugh Jackman does play a convincing role as Logan and I personally couldn’t have thought of a better actor to portray Logan than Hugh Jackman. If you thought I was going to be giving out the plot of the movie, think again. I’m just ranting about what’s going to be an expected failure of a comic book franchise yet again.